Monday 9 March 2009

Knackered!

I completely skived off my last gym session - oh the shame! I woke on Saturday to a horrible day and too many things to do so ended up spending the day bathing the dog (which is a harder task than you'd imagine!) and cleaning out the chicken shed which involved lots of moving things about and shovelling lots of sawdust so I reckoned I got enough of a workout from that. I had really hoped to go on Sunday but as I mentioned I've not been sleeping right and I was so tired all day that I thought it would be better to just chill. Ah well, excuses excuses but I went yesterday afternoon and am still utterly trashed now! I'm really looking forward to going home after work today and relaxing this evening and having my lovely husband cook me dinner :-D

So yesterday's workout consisted of:
  • 4 min warm up on cross trainer followed by all my stretching.
  • 10 mins of cross training on the cross trainer followed by some thigh and hamstring stretches
  • 10 mins on the treadmill doing fartlek training (alternating the speed and incline of the treadmill) followed by some more leg stretching and my chest stretch
  • 2 sets of 12 reps on chest press @ 7.5kg followed by one set @ 5kg - actually I think what I've been calling the chest press isn't actually the chest press - it's a pec machine or something!
  • 3 sets of 12 reps on thigh abductor @ 35kg
  • 3 sets of 12 reps on thigh adductor @ 30kg
  • 3 sets of 12 reps on the actual chest press machine @ 10kg
  • 2 sets of 12 reps on the leg press @ 30kg
  • 2 sets of 12 reps on the leg extender @ 30kg
  • and finally a 4 min cool down on the cross trainer followed by stretching stretching stretching
I'm really feeling my shoulders, pecs and upper arms today so there'll be more stretching later to help ease my aching muscles!

1 comment:

  1. Uh, now you make me feel lazy. It got so cold here that I tend just to start shivering on the very thought of changing my clothes somewhere where temperature is not at least 20 celsius. I did not do any exercises since last friday!

    ReplyDelete