Thursday 26 March 2009

Outrageous

I have been horrendously lazy this past week or 10 days. The last thing exercise-wise I did was a cycle on St Paddy's day. I went about 5 miles round the town and through Tipperary Wood (an "on the beaten track" kind of a path) and my handlebars slipped - I hadn't tightened them well enough - so I had to go home and get the allen keys out. Unfortunately when I arrived home I realised that out of the 2 sets of allen keys I own there were none the right size to tighten up my handlebars so I had to abandon my cycle plans for the day. I did however spend the rest of the day dandering around town with my mates H & S who had come down for a day out in Newcastle with their family so I got a little bit of extra exercise!

I have still been doing my walk to and from work every day. It's about 1.25 miles one way so I'm getting a 2.5 mile walk most days so I've not been completely lazy but I have been very tired recently and it's been hard to motivate myself to do much except sleep.

However today is a half day for me - I'm still not back at work full time - so I am going home to get one of my bellydance dvds out and I plan to shimmy the afternoon away to burn off a few calories. I am also really looking forward to hearing back from my bellydance instructor as to her new venue for classes and when classes start up again as I am desperate to get back to dancing soon!

2 comments:

  1. Do let me know when you hear back from Karen as I plan to start back after easter too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will of course - need my bellydancing buddies to be there or the classes will be no fun! :-)

    ReplyDelete